From chiffon sarees and athleisure wear to fusion traditional wear, it won’t be wrong to say that many of our fashion choices are inspired by desi movies. However, something hits different about the bridal attires in these movies, right? The clothes make a home in our hearts because of how brilliantly they are made but also because of the stories attached to them. In the article below, 10 women share which bridal dress from a Bollywood film is their favourite. Read on.
1. “The one that definitely stayed in my mind was Kareena Kapoor’s outfit in Veerey Di Wedding. It was different and unique. It was not the traditional red, but yellow. I found it very atypical and appealing – I kinda loved it.” -Vasudha Sabharwal
2. “I loved and absolutely loved Alizeh’s (Anushka Sharma) lehenga in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. The zardozi work is just to die for. Interestingly, I wore the exact same outfit at my wedding too.” -Fagun Mehta
3. “To be honest, there are several choices for this question. However, the best one I can think of right now is Alia Bhatt’s bridal lehenga in Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahani. The orange-hued lehenga with the heavy blouse was absolutely drop-dead gorgeous.” -Aarushi Sharma
4. “It could be an unpopular opinion but it was Rani Mukerji’s red bridal lehenga in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, for me. I loved the neckline and golden work, and I even wanted to wear the same lehenga during my engagement.” -Anonymous
5. “For me, it’s Alia Bhatt’s wedding attire from Raazi.” -Manya Ailawadi
6. “Do we remember Nargis Fakhri’s outfit in Rockstar? The shaneel fyran, matched with the dejohor and tarang, was absolutely beautiful. I don’t think that any other bridal outfit comes close to that.” -Priyanka Kaul
7. “Alia Bhatt’s pink saree with blue border looked refreshing in Raazi. It looked very comfortable. I would want something that’s beautiful and comfortable and this look was that.” -Snigdha Oreya
8. “For me, it’s Kajol’s red-hued kanjivaram saree in My Name Is Khan. It was absolutely elegant and beautiful.” -Rhea Saigal
9. “Hands down, it’s Deepika Padukone’s outfit in Bajirao Mastaani. The pale green outfit, paired with stunning Hyderabadi jewellery. Just wow.” -Gunjan Aggarwal
10. “I don’t care what people think but Shilpa Shetty’s blue and golden lehenga in Dhadkan was the most stunning outfit I have ever seen to date. I might not wear it not it was the most stunning piece of clothing.” -Anonymous
These outfits are all so gorgeous, aren’t they?