At times when we feel miserable, all we need is some alone time and an outlet to let our emotions flow; and, what’s better than binge-watching a movie and eating our favorite meal while being cocooned in a warm blanket? Nothing!
For this article, we asked some women to reveal their entrusted feel-good movies that they watch when they feel gloomy or sad. Let’s take a look!
1. “I watch Dear Zindagi because it feels very relatable and I also like watching Harry Potter on my sad days. Both the movies feel like a warm hug after a long and tiring day.” -Manya Ailawadi
2. “My favorite movie to watch when I feel gloomy is Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna’s Anand. The movie’s first half makes me smile and then, in the second half, it makes me bawl like a baby. In the end, I get the motivation to do better things.” -Anonymous
3. “I watch Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s Gol Maal because it makes me forget about my sadness and pain for three hours – every single time.” -Aarushi Sharma
4. “It has to be The Pursuit Of Happyness because gosh, it’s a beautiful movie. I have watched it over a hundred times and I still love it with all my heart.” -Nidhee Gupta
5. “For me, it’s Queen because it makes me sad, smiling and laughing – all at the same time. I can relate to the protagonist and her sadness, and it’s commendable how she comes out of it on her own terms. I love it.” -Riddhima Kapoor
6. “I like watching horror movies like Insidious because it a) takes my mind off the sad incident and b) it gives me an adrenaline rush.” -Vedika Negi
7. “I have two moods when I’m sad. I either want to laugh until my stomach hurts, for which, I watch Welcome or I want to take my mind off my issues, for which I watch Call Me By Your Name. These two are my favorite picks.” -Ishi Kanodiya
8. “When I’m sad, I like venting out my feelings and emotions. Hence, my favorite movie to watch when I’m sad is The Fault In Our Stars.” -Khushboo Vij
9. “Ever since I was a teenager, Twilight has been my favorite movie to watch. Somewhere down the line, it became my comfort movie for all moods.” -Vasudha Sabharwal
10. “For me, it’s The Holiday because this rom-com provides comfort to my sad soul.” -Harshita Singh
11. “I need an outlet to let my emotions out and that only happens when I watch Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.” -Snigdha Oreya
Now we have our next binge-list ready to watch when we feel down!