3 Celeb Pageant Winners & The Secret Behind Their Glowing Skin
My mom still talks about the moment when Sushmita Sen was crowned as Miss Universe in 1994 like it was yesterday. In fact, Aishwarya Rai was the winner of the Miss World pageant in 1994 too.
While these queens were crowned almost 28 years ago, they don’t seem to have aged a day! So what is the secret behind their glowing skin?
Well, each of these divas has a go-to DIY recipe that they swear by no matter how many luxe skincare products sit on their shelves. And we know exactly what these DIYs are. Scroll on for deets.
The Aarya star has been the ultimate heartbreaker ever since she was crowned Miss Universe in 1994. And the diva not only swears by a strict fitness routine but also relies on DIY hacks for that enviable glow. She includes a paste of besan and malai in her skincare routine.
While besan takes care of exfoliation and removes the top layer of dead skin cells along with the dirt and sebum to bring out your natural glow, malai helps is keeping your skin supple, radiant, and acne-free.
- Take 2 tablespoons of fresh cream (malai)
- Add 1 tablespoon of besan
- Leave it on for 20 minutes till it feels a little dry
- Wash it off with cold water and pat your face dry
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai was crowned Miss World in the year 1994 too. Her beauty has been talked about forever now and she has some amazing DIY recipes up her sleeve. For Mrs. Bachchan, a mix of besan, milk and haldi works best to exfoliate her face.
Another quick DIY that Aishwarya Rai uses on her face is the blend of honey and curd. It not only hydrates but also brightens up the skin tone to get rid of dullness and give you even-toned and plump skin.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of besan with 1 teaspoon of milk
- Add a pinch of turmeric
- You can also add 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to the mix
- Apply this paste on your face and let it sit for a while till dry
- Rinse with cold water later
Priyanka Chopra Jonas
Priyanka Chopra Jonas made us proud by winning the Miss World pageant in 2000. And every time the Love Again star was asked about her skincare, she immediately said “ubtan.” It involves 4 of the most basic kitchen ingredients but works wonders for acne-prone skin.
One of the ingredients that she uses in this mix is turmeric and I need you to be mindful of the amount of turmeric you add, or else you might end up with a yellow tinge on your face.
- 2 tablespoons of plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder
- Mix the above ingredients and add a little flat milk to the mix to make it more smooth and consistent
- Apply it all over your face, neck, and body
- Rinse with lukewarm water when it’s dry
I’m already in my kitchen looking for the ingredients, what are you waiting for?
Featured Image: Instagram